Thursday 10 May 2012

Feel the Guilt and Do Something About It


“You know what it’s like, you eat a whole chocolate bar and then you feel so guilty about it don’t you?” Well no I don’t, and that’s not me being smug, I do eat whole chocolate bars but I don’t feel guilty. That’s the difference. I do something about it. If I have pigged out I get down the pool and have a longer or harder swim. If my trousers feel a little tight it makes me feel very uncomfortable psychologically as well as physically because that is not who I am. My image of me as a slim person has been in my head since the day I saw myself wearing my mother’s clothes after my second child. Determined to never see that again I did something about it. What image do you have in your head and what do you need to do?

Go ahead and feel guilty but use that guilt to motivate yourself to get active and not put yourself in a prison of self-loathing.  Get angry if necessary, refuse to accept the feelings and decide to exchange them for positive and helpful ones such as respect and love.  

Just get out for a walk to clear your head and give you some energy to think straight. Work out why you keep doing things that make you feel guilty. What do you get out of it? And then make a plan to do something about it. What one thing could you do now to make you feel healthier and move you towards being trimmer and feeling good about yourself.


www.warrclinic.co.uk  

No comments:

Post a Comment